Monday, August 29, 2011

Everybody ate an egg



We had hard boiled eggs for morning tea - one each, and everyone tried them.
The children were fascinated watching the grownups peeling the eggs and they waited patiently to have their first bite. I know people usually do craft with egg cartons ( we do that too and most recently we painted them as ants ) but today we used them to hold the boiled eggs on the table for all to see. The children seemed amazed that they were allowed to touch the eggs and pass them to their parents to be peeled and some of the older children had a try at peeling themselves.

DID YOU KNOW?
Eggs contain ingredients to develop a healthy body including nearly all of the essential nutrients such as  folic acid, B1, B6 and B12. They provide the minerals calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron and they are complete in all amino acids making them the most complete food protein.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like lots of fun! I have never thought to let my children peel their own egg! Thanks for linking up to Friday Funny. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 3 and I let her peel her own hard boiled egg this Easter. She was so thoughtful and deliberate about the activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you are teaching the basics. The simple things are best for kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and I visit your site cause I am curious to find out who you are.