We do craft for a few different reasons at playgroup:
- children love doing an activity with their mum, dad or grandparent and craft provides lots of opportunity for this to happen.
- parents can see what their child is capable of and help them learn the next age appropriate steps e.g. in learning to cut simple shapes.
- some adults may find it difficult to join in more active play, for a variety of reasons, and craft allows them to sit and join in.
- following instructions whether written or verbal teaches us skills e.g. reading is a useful thing; listening helps us learn.
- the craft produced can be a great, inexpensive gift for a relative.
- many children do not use scissors at home and do not develop skills needed to use them unless they are exposed to them.
- many children do not use glue and other things at home that may make a mess.
There are many great craft ideas for littlies at craft chronicles including Christmas and Easter craft